The Westin Convention Center Hotel has a room block set up for CPSWeek 2017. Reserve your room by March 31 to receive the special room rate here.
ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or conference committee members. If you require one, email email@example.com. Please allow up to one week to receive your letter.
The following information should be included with your request:
- Name (as it appears on attendee’s passport) and mailing address
- Name of the conference attendee is registering for
- Attendee’s registration confirmation number
- Fax number or email address where letter can be sent
- Authors may indicate their paper title, and speakers can provide the title of their talk.
If your embassy requires a letter from an organizer of the conference, email Bruno Sinopoli, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CPSWeek 2017 conference organizers anticipate the availability of student travel/registration support funds to encourage the participation of students in CPSWeek 2017 that would otherwise not be able to attend. Each grant will contribute towards partial or complete reimbursement of registration, travel, and staying costs. Support could be as high as $1,500 per person, but the actual level will depend on the number of applications received and expenses incurred versus available funds.
Application deadline: March 27, 2017
Notification of acceptance: March 31, 2017
The award of the travel stipends will be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The applicant must have a fully-paid student registration for HSCC, ICCPS, IoTDI, IPSN, or RTAS and must physically attend CPSWeek 2017. Note that for all cancellation requests received by April 1, 2017, the registration fee, minus a $50 processing fee, will be reimbursed. Therefore, if your travel grant application is not successful, you will be able to cancel your registration, if necessary.
- Travel stipends will be awarded on the basis of financial need.
- Students who have already received a travel grant from a CPSWeek-related conference or workshop should not apply.
- Actual expenses must exceed stipend amount.
- Special consideration will be given to requests of students from groups and/or institutions that are underrepresented in the field of cyber-physical systems.
- Student authors who are PRESENTERS of papers are allowed to apply, but will be given lower priority, since they should otherwise be expected to attend. Other student authors and non-author students are particularly encouraged.
- Only a limited number of grants will be available.
- Most grants will be given to US-based personnel based on grant constraints.
How to apply
Student applicants should pay the registration fees first and demonstrate their intention to travel to CPSWeek 2017. If selected, the travel grant will cover registration, hotel, and some travel costs. Applicants should email a CV and letter of intent to email@example.com that includes your institution, current year, and advisor. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will receive notification via email with instructions on how to receive partial refunds which will be issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses.